DIY Picture Ledge Shelves
A simple & cheap way to make custom picture ledge shelves.
1. Measure the wall area where you’d like them to hang
2. Go to Home Depot or another hardware store and purchase the goods. I recommend getting wood that is 5 inches deep so items have the ability to lean and not fall over. And for the top part of the shelf you can either get the same size wood or decorative chair rail wood. I used chair rail wood as seen below.
3. Glue the chair rail wood to the other piece
4. Let dry for an hour then re-enforce with small nails.
5. Spray paint dried shelves and hardware color of choice.
Here’s the hardware I used:
6. Once everything is dry, use a level and drill to hand the finished product.